Thin Martian connects people with products by adopting a user first approach, research and continual testing to provide an intuitive and meaningful experiences.
We produce digital products and creative campaigns for enterprise and consumer markets with informed UX and impactful design whilst using the latest digital interface technologies. Our process focuses on continually ideating, improving and validating any assumptions through a controlled user-testing approach to deliver proven solutions to any problem. We are looking for an experienced senior UX and UI designer to join the team who is passionate about making a difference within our business and to our clients.
Full Role description: A fantastic opportunity for a senior UX Designer to work with a experienced and talented team of developers, designers, UX specialists and project managers with an impressive portfolio of clients. Your role as a Senior UX designer will require you to create a diverse range of innovative digital products for a wide variety of industries. From concept to delivery you will own the entire life cycle of all projects you work on.
The role will include running kick off meetings and workshops with clients to understand their problems, creating user-journeys, wireframes, prototypes and general solutions, presenting them back and then taking these prototype through to full UI design to go to developers. You will be expected to show strong skills in UX, UI, prototyping and creative design as well as showing the ability to clearly articulate and present your idea, style variations and concepts. The work you produce will be of the highest quality and optimised for the required delivery format.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work with clients, project managers, developers, SEO specialists and other specialists to produce high quality end products and polished, informative workshops and presentations to guide the design process. You will be expected to help with the creation of proposals, briefs and pitches as well as being responsible for time tracking, managing your own time effectively, working within given budgets and ensuring projects are delivered to deadline.
You will be required to work collaboratively as part of the Thin Martian team, with third party suppliers and freelance workers following the framework and processes of Thin Martian’s existing work flow. There will be an expectation to keep up to date with all Adobe and other design software, design and tech trends, development possibilities and problems, attend training seminars and talks, have basic HMTL and CSS skills. We will also ask you to help us with suggestions for and writing of blogs, emails, promotional material and social media posts.
Who you are:
● A creative problem-solver who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative and Agile environment.
● Passionate about developing strategies derived from insight, with the mastery of your craft to turn these into products (both interactions and visuals) adhering to user-centered design principles.
● You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for multi-variant testing.
● Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, InVision etc).
● Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations when designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, conversational and voice interfaces, Android and iOS apps.
● Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale.
● 5 year’s experience in Digital Design.
● Solid experience designing and facilitating workshops.
● You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us.
As a UX/UI Senior Designer you will:
● Have a mix of User Experience and User Interface design skills – including interaction and Information Architecture design, psychology and user-centered design principles.
● Possess a passion for all things design, with the ability to demonstrate this passion through your work and when communicating with business stakeholders and customers.
● Work within an Agile multi-disciplinary team to design and deliver user-interface designs and journeys across our website, app and other digital platforms.
● Work closely with a wide range of people from across the business to understand and interpret requirements, identify opportunities, and communicate design strategy and rationale.
● Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
● Help provide mentoring and training to junior members of the team, as and when required.
Nice to haves:
● Familiar with Invision or more advanced prototyping tools such as Framer.
● Familiar with After Effects, experience doing basic animations etc.
● Experience working on product design projects and creating consistent design rules and style guides that can be scaled up and easily relayed to developers.
The working hours are from 9.30am till 6.00pm. The team enjoy going for regular drinks after work and everyone is down to earth, friendly and passionate about digital.APPLY FOR THIS JOB